- attention and vigilance
- Understanding how differences of these anti-virus software developers from false
1. Selecting Antivirus: The choiceantivirus software - a topic for another conversation.We touch on only one aspect of it.Well-known anti-virus brand on everyone's lips, so for them we will not talk.The object of our attention will be the little-known anti-virus products, which are either much cheaper or - free of charge.Let's say you've found on the Internet an indication of any such programs.Description of her, of course, will be very attractive, but do not rush to download and install it.Gather as much information as possible on this product.To do this, type the name of the anti-virus in the search engine.If the search results you will find just advertising links to download and install, and the name of the program does not appear in the rankings, no reviews, no tests, do not waste your time on it.
2. Developer: If information about the
3. Check online: The real test for the presence of viruses in this mode, there are held official developers of anti-virus software.However, as a rule, the use of this service implies a set of reciprocal action.For example, it might look like this: the user must visit the official website of the developer of antivirus software, go to the Scan section in real time, select a suspicious file, submit it for review by the appropriate form on the website ... Remember, anti-virus "superhero" does not exist.There is no such program, which is on the Internet, she suddenly realized that your computer is infected, she said this, she found the pest, and it is defused itself.Ignore sudden message in the browser window that is on your computer a virus is detected, and only online check through this message will solve the problem.Do not settle for online checking on questionable sites.
4. Advertising: Advertising on the Internet was the least intrusive.The principle, in fact, one: you are forced to get the information that you were not going to receive.On the Internet, widespread pop-up ad banners.It looks like this: you visit a site with a theme, and on top of material of interest suddenly pops up a message (usually graphical) of any product or service.The network of such kind of advertising is considered "bad taste", and conscientious organization, which include manufacturers of anti-virus software, do not use it.If you persistently "cram" virus, it probably is a fake product.If you accidentally clicked on this advertising message, as soon as possible leave the site on which it sent you.
5. Simulators: This is an antivirus well-known brands that are not.Simply put, you think you have downloaded and installed a well-known anti-virus, but under it lies a very different view.This can happen if a user downloaded a paid antivirus software from an unknown source, which provided for free download.
6. Behavior in the work: If a dubious program still was running, pay attention to its "behavior".If the setting is enabled for automatic updates of virus databases, but updates do not occur for a long time - most likely before you fake.If a scan application suddenly calls for something of money - most likely a fraudulent program.If the scanning and detection of malicious objects are, but carried out unnaturally fast (full scan real antivirus often takes several hours), it is likely that you're running a fake antivirus.
If you find a fake anti-virus on your computer, it must be removed.Then check the system present antivirus software.Be careful and cautious.